When a club are looking at develop the facilities the project costs can often be extremely high and the process for developing a project can take a lot of expertise. The Somerset FA, in conjunction with The FA Regional Facilities & Investment Manager and the Football Foundation, are here to help clubs wanting to go down this route.
• Premier League & The FA Facilities Fund - The Premier League & The FA Facilities Fund provides grants for building or refurbishing grassroots facilities, such as changing pavilions and playing surfaces for community benefit. The maximum grant available from the Foundation for each facilities project is £500,000 and the minimum grant available from the Foundation through this scheme is £10,000.
• Premier League & The FA Facilities Fund Small Grants Scheme - The Premier League and The FA Facilities Fund Small Grants Scheme awards grants of up to £10,000 for the provision of capital items, or to refurbish/improve existing facilities. The aims of this scheme are to: Support the growth of football clubs and activity, prevent a decline in football participation and make improvements to facilities to address any health and safety issues.
• Football Stadia Improvement Fund (FSIF) - The FSIF provides money for clubs in the National League System who want to improve their facilities for players, officials and spectators. The eligibility of projects and grant limits available are dependent on the step of the National League System your club plays at.
Barclays Spaces for Sports - Barclays Spaces for Sports is a community sports programme which has developed over 200 sports sites around the UK in partnership with the Foundation, but no longer provides grants for the local site or flagship element of the programme. The Flagship element of the programme is equally funded by Barclays and the Foundation, whilst the UK programme itself is delivered by the Foundation.
For further details on the funding schemes available from the Football Foundation please visit: www.FootballFoundation.org.uk
• Protecting Playing Fields - Playing fields are one of the most important resources for sport in England but many of them are waterlogged or in a state of disrepair. Sport England are investing £28 million of National Lottery funding into improving community sports fields.
• Improvement Fund - Between 2012 & 2017, the Improvement Fund will invest £45m of National Lottery funding into medium-sized projects that will improve people's sporting experiences. This is being distributed via five funding rounds of £9m per year. The Improvement Fund awards grants of £150,000 - £500,000 in sustainable projects with a clear local need.
• Inspired Facilities - Inspired Facilities is Sport England's £65 million programme that funds the renovation and modernisation of local sports facilities. Whether you are a club, local authority, school or parish council you can apply for funding to help you improve your facilities.
For more information about funding from Sport England please go to: SportEngland.org
Grantfinder Portal: The FA National Facilities and Investment Team have launched an online Grantfinder portal which will enable volunteers to search for grants and soft loans that may help. This facility is free to use and offers searches for Individuals, Clubs and Public Sector funding opportunities.
For more information, please contact Brendan Dix on 01458 832359.