The Pitch Improvement Programme is a key focus for The FA over the next 4-years, as such it was deemed appropriate to secure two commercial partners to support the roll-out and growth in line with the companies’ aspirations. The two partners are;
Redexim Charterhouse and Rigby Taylor who will assist in the roll out by supplying FA affiliated grassroots clubs with discounted products and materials and also support the training workshops.
Both companies have agreed a partnering schedule of rates with The FA to support the programme. Please note it has been agreed that these rates will be made available to ALL CFA’s, FA affiliated clubs and leagues (not PL or FL), not solely to those clubs/organisations receiving a PIP visit and report.The need for this service is more relevant now than ever, given the current economic times and the pressures facing grass roots football. The key principles behind the service are to provide football clubs with advice and practical solutions on a number of areas.
As a County FA we will be working with the IOG South West Pitch Advisor, Rob Donnelly to provide visits to local clubs in the county. To qualify for a visit a club will need to own their own site or be responsible for maintenance of the grass pitches.
1. Clubs submit an Expression of Interest Form if they wish to receive a visit, via this link Somerset FA or the Pitch Advisor may select/target a number of clubs depending on the availability of the Pitch Advisor.
2. We will coordinate the time and date of the visit in conjunction with the selected club.
3. We will notify the Pitch Advisor of visits, including contact details.
4. A site visit is carried out, with the Somerset County FA Development Manager in attendance if possible.
5. A report is produced by the Pitch Advisor with a copy for the club and the County FA (refer to the Report Form template attached below)
6. Club follows recommendations.
7. Feedback sought from club following an agreed timescale, based on the recommendations provided by the Pitch Advisor
8. Should the maintenance recommendations not result in an improved pitch or surface, there may be some further improvement work required on site and the club can discuss funding options with the Somerset County FA and The FA.
Cost & Payment
The cost for the visit and report is £100 per visit. If a club holds the FA Charter Standard Club award, the Somerset County FA will contribute 50% towards these costs (Total Cost £50). Clubs will be required to pay the Somerset County FA the remainder, following receipt of an invoice.