At Somerset FA we are responsible for overseeing, promoting and developing local grassroots football and supporting The FA in delivering the National Game strategy.
The shared values, vision and pride of our workforce is central to our success. We are a team of highly skilled, passionate and hardworking individuals who are committed to the future of grass roots football in Somerset. We understand that diversity promotes innovation, and therefore we look for people who are great at what they do, no matter their background.
Overview of the role:
Based: Somerset FA HQ, Charles Lewin House, Glastonbury
Hours: 35 Hours/week (Monday-Friday)
Closing date: 17:00, 7th August 2019
The aim of the post to provide administrative support to the governance team as they carry out FA Discipline procedures, administer county cup competitions and affiliate clubs; they will also act as a secretary in Discipline Hearings and provide secretarial support to local football leagues. The successful applicant will be based at the county office, Charles Lewin House in Glastonbury and will report to the Senior Governance Administrator.
What you’ll be doing:
- Administer the Disciplinary System, this will include processing disciplinary reports and raising appropriate charges, actioning returned disciplinary correspondence, inputting suspensions onto Whole Game System, assist in arranging personal hearings.
- Act as cover for the Senior Governance administrator as secretary of disciplinary commissions when required.
- General office administration including drafting correspondence, copy typing, filtering and dealing with telephone enquiries where possible, liaising with outside organisations, filings, mailings, photocopying, etc.
- Administer 13 Somerset FA County Cup Competitions, circulating fixtures, collating results and other tasks
- Affiliating clubs and leagues annually
- Other general office duties as required.
- Providing secretarial support for affiliated leagues, attending meetings, setting agendas, compiling minutes and other tasks as required
- Attending County Committee meetings as required from time to time and take notes and prepare minutes of those meetings.
- Make presentations at County and league events
- Learn the duties of other Office Staff and provide cover when required
- Any other duties as may be reasonably required.
Who we are looking for:
The successful applicant will need to be passionate and committed to grassroots football in Somerset, and ideally have a love of the game; be able to work under pressure, handle multiple priorities, be well organised and meet deadlines. They will need to demonstrate exceptional customer service, be able to work as part of a team with excellent planning, communication and presentation skills.
They must be able to work to work flexible hours. In addition, they must have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to influence at all levels. They will be able to communicate well via various formats, including the ability to present to groups of people both large and small.
They will be fully computer literate, and able to use:
The candidate must have a UK driving license
What we can offer:
- An exciting and challenging role within a changing, dynamic sports organisation.
- A competitive salary and a range of benefits for the right candidate.
This organisation is committed to safeguarding children and adults at risk of harm. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We expect relevant staff to undertake an FA DBS Enhanced level with a check of the children’s barred list and we expect all staff to sign and adhere to a code of conduct.
Somerset FA promotes inclusion and diversity and welcomes applications from everyone; we are an Equal Opportunities Employer. If you have any particular requirements in respect of the recruitment or interview process please mention this in your covering letter
Interviews: To be held during Thursday 15th August
(Candidates MUST be available for interview on this date)
To apply please send a CV and covering letter to: Jonathan.Pike@somersetfa.com by August 7th at 17:00.