Somerset Football Association is looking to engage a Sports Therapist / Physio to support the Girls Advanced Coaching Centre. The aim of the post is to deliver injury treatment and proactively deliver pitch side and take home prevention interventions to players involved in the Advanced Coaching Centre. To promote and protect the health and wellbeing of all girls within the Centre.
Salary: £50 per session (sessions are 6pm – 9pm on Wednesdays) per week for 20+ weeks
Start Date: December 2020 (date to be agreed)
We are looking for an enthusiastic, motivated Sports Therapist / Physio who can work with talented female players with a responsibility for providing assessment, treatment and functional rehabilitation of injured players; with a focus on player education (injury prevention).
The role encompasses the following areas:
- Providing assessment, treatment and functional rehabilitation of injured players
- Clinical decision making process (fitness of player to train/play)
- Player education (Injury prevention) pitch side and classroom based in small groups
- The welfare of all players within the Centre
- Continuing Professional Development
- Communication regarding injury status and rehabilitation of players to coaching staff and parents
- Medical records - All notes and records must be kept securely. All medical records must meet the standards set by an approved body.
- Confidentiality - The physiotherapist must at all times abide by the CSP Rules of Professional Conduct
You need to be passionate about and committed to supporting players to ensure they are performing at high standards through injury prevention and rehabilitation.
You will have an understanding and commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion.
Somerset FA takes the safeguarding and protection of children seriously and the person engaged to this role will be equally passionate in the safeguarding of children and young people and vulnerable adults. You will be required to follow the County FA Safeguarding policy, sign a Safeguarding Code of Conduct and attend additional County FA safeguarding training.
Due to the nature of this post, the successful candidate will be required to undertake an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check through The FA CRC process.
For further information, please contact the ACC Centre Manager, Rachael Lawler-Edwards on 07951 360626 or email email@example.com.
To apply please send a CV and covering letter (please detail 2 references). References and qualifications will be verified ahead of any appointment to the role), marked “Private and Confidential” to: Rachael Lawler-Edwards, ACC Centre Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
Somerset FA Ltd is an equal opportunities employer and would actively encourage people from diverse backgrounds to apply.
Please note you will not be an employee of Somerset FA, but will be engaged as a contractor to deliver the sessions. Consequently, this position is a self-employed position, you will be required to make the appropriate tax and national insurance payments from the gross payment.