We are looking for a passionate and innovative individual to chair the Somerset FA Inclusion Advisory Group and be a non-executive director. The individual will help shape the organisation’s direction of travel to ensure children, young people and adults of all backgrounds and communities can access high quality opportunities. The chairperson will lead the Inclusion Advisory Group to support our organisation in updating and delivering our Equality Action Plan and support projects across the organisation in helping to continue to achieve the Equality Standards for sport.
Please find some information below and more contained within the recruitment pack at the bottom of this page.
Inclusion Advisory Group (IAG)
The IAG acts as the check and balance to Somerset FA's (SFA) equality, diversity and inclusion work. It will comprise of a minimum of six members and a Chair with collective knowledge and experience of specific aspects of equality, diversity and inclusion such as race; gender equality (not the development of women's football); disability equality (not the development of disability football); mental health; LGBTQ+ and faith communities.
The Inclusion Advisory Group will meet at least quarterly and is an independent Group that provides advice to the main SFA Board. The IAG reports into the SFA Board.
- Chairing the Inclusion Advisory Group, meeting on at least 4 times per year.
- Challenge and support the organisation in terms of our commitment to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion.
- Supporting in delivering the equality objectives and ensuring they are embedded across the organisation.
- Promote a culture of respect for inclusion and champion inclusion and equality issues across football.
- Develop an Equality Action Plan for the organisation.
- Support with Equality Impact Assessments.
- Seek funding opportunities to support any specific equality projects.
- Promote and highlight good practise from Governing Bodies and other sports/organisations.
- Undertake such other duties as the Board may direct from time to time.
Somerset FA Board
The board is collectively responsible for the long-term success of Somerset FA and exclusively empowered to lead it. Matters reserved to the Board include:
- Approval of the Association’s strategy
- Approval of the long-term financial plan and annual budget;
- Monitoring delivery of the strategic plan and objectives;
- Periodic review of the financial plan and performance against annual budget;
- Ensuring legal and regulatory compliance as required;
- Periodic review of major risks;
- Discussion of, and engagement with, stakeholder proposals and concerns; and
- A process to identify areas where the Board may be assisted by further education and training.
As a Director you will
- Serve as a Director of the Company and to actively participate in its strategic management.
- Execute the responsibilities of a Company Director in accordance with the Companies Act (2006) and other relevant legislation.
- Safeguard the interests of the Membership and stakeholders of the Association.
- Establish clear objectives to deliver the agreed strategy and business plan and regularly review performance against those objectives.
- Ensure the effective implementation of Board decisions by the CEO and staff, monitoring the effective management and delivery of the Association’s strategic aims and objectives.
- Set challenging objectives for continuously improved performance.
- Oversee the management of risk to the Association.
- Develop and maintain an effective corporate governance structure.
- Contribute to constructive debate on all Board matters.
- Promote equality of opportunity throughout the Association.
- Fully participate in Board induction, training or development and performance monitoring.
- Perform other responsibilities as assigned by the Board.
Board meetings take place on approximately a monthly basis and you will be expected to provide support for the executive in delivery. Board meetings will usually be on a weekday at the Somerset FA Offices, Charles Lewin House, Wirral Park Road, Glastonbury, Somerset, BA6 9FR or via online options (webex).
For further information, please contact
Jon Pike, Chief Executive
Tel: 07946 182658 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Rachael Lawler-Edwards, Football Development Officer (Inclusion)
Tel: 07951 360626 or Email: email@example.com
To apply please complete the application form that you can download from within the recruitment pack below and return, marked “Private and Confidential” to:
Rachael Lawler-Edwards, at firstname.lastname@example.org by 17.00 on Sunday 31st January 2021
(References and qualifications will be verified ahead of any appointment to the role)
Interviews will take place on Wednesday 10th February 2021 Given current restrictions these will be On-Line.
Somerset FA Ltd is an equal opportunities employer and would actively encourage people from diverse backgrounds to apply.