Marketing and Partnerships Officer
Salary: £12,350 pa
Hours: 25 hours per week
Location: Somerset FA HQ / Work from Home
Reports: To Chief Executive
Term: Appointment will be for a term of ONE year from date of appointment, to be reviewed thereafter
We are looking for a marketing and partnerships officer for the Somerset FA, the governing body for football in the county. This person will be responsible for the marketing and communications of the county FA with its members and media, presenting the image of the county association and establishing partnerships with other businesses to drive commercial income for the county. The successful candidate will be a passionate and innovative individual with excellent IT, and media skills and an understanding of business sponsorships. The candidate will be responsible for co-ordinating the county communications through its website and various social media platforms along with other forms of communications with a variety of media platforms.
What we are looking for
The successful applicant will need to be passionate and committed to grassroots football in Somerset, and ideally have a love of the game; be able to work under pressure, handle multiple priorities be well organised and meet deadlines. They will need to demonstrate exceptional customer service, be able to work as part of a team with excellent planning, communication and presentation skills. Ideally you will have some knowledge of marketing and communications and making partnerships with business and sport. The successful candidate will be able to come up with imaginative and creative solutions to problems, and 'think outside the box'.
The successful candidate will have a passion for safeguarding and will make sure that this underpins all areas of the role.
They must be able to work to work flexible hours. In addition, they must have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to influence at all levels. They will be able to communicate well via various formats, including the ability to present to groups of people both large and small.
They will be fully computer literate, and able to use:
*The candidate must have a UK driving license
You will be responsible for
• Somerset FA’s branding and visual imagery ensuring consistency across all media.
• Somerset FA’s logo and branding, ensuring brand guidelines are kept in place for the Association.
• Somerset FA's external and internal publications to ensure consistency of message and maximise efficiency.
• Coordinate the publication of the Somerset FA's printed material.
• The Somerset FA's website and social media accounts as the source of information to all stakeholders.
• Developing links within the local media community to ensure that there is regular coverage of the Somerset FA's activities.
• Marketing support to dedicated Somerset FA and FA campaigns.
• Provide support for various county public activities to maximise exposure for the county
• Developing commercial partnerships which raise investment into the Somerset FA.
• To identify and engage with organisations who will sponsor various aspects of the county business
• To attract sponsorship into the business.
Your hours will be 25 hours per week, these will normally be worked between Monday and Friday, at the agreement with your line manager. However, there will be the need for out of hours working including both evenings and weekends. When this occurs you will be given time off in lieu.
For further information, please contact
Jon Pike Chief Executive
Tel: 07946 182658 or Email email@example.com
To apply please provide a CV and cover letter (explaning why you are best suited for the role), marked “Private and Confidential” to: Jon Pike, firstname.lastname@example.org by 17.00 on Wednesday 18th August 2021 (References and qualifications will be verified ahead of any appointment to the role).
The CFA is committed to safeguarding children, young people and adults at risk. All eligible roles are subject to a DBS Check.
Due to the nature of this role, the successful candidate may be required to undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check through The FA DBS process. The possession of a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an applicant from obtaining this post, as all cases are judged individually according to the nature of the role and information provided.
Somerset FA Ltd is an equal opportunities employer and would actively encourage people from diverse backgrounds to apply. COVID-19 considerations: All recommended COVID19 precautions are in place.