Are you currently running a recreational/kickabout football session in Somerset that could benefit from some equipment or promotion? Or would you like to set up a football session, but need some additional support? If you apply to become a Mars Just Play Centre you will be supported by a range of benefits as a result of being part of the programme.
The FA Mars Just Play! gives the casual footballer a chance to just turn up to a venue and play football. The Just Play kickabout is recreational football at its best – it’s about turning up for an hour of exercise and a bit of fun. It’s football for those who can’t or don’t want to commit to an eight-month long season of matches and training.
Frankly, it’s jumpers for goalposts, but we provide the balls, pitch and teams. FA Mars Just Play! is purely for adults, for men, for women, for those who think they’re talented and for those who think they aren’t. It’s also for those with a disability or for 16–25s or women-only or even veterans; there’s a kickabout designed specifically for you, whatever your age or ability.
If you become a centre, you will receive:
- Equipment Pack – 5 x Nike Footballs, a set of branded bibs, cones and a marketing banner
- £200 funding to support your centre
- Digital Marketing Library – Access to a range of digital marketing assets including A4 & A3 posters, A5 leaflets, social, digital & email signatures
- Just Play Organiser Kit – Each organiser will receive Nike branded kit
- Events Platform – A new digital platform upon which activity can be managed efficiently
- Reward and Recognition – Various initiatives aimed at driving retention amongst participants and recognising the hard work of organisers
- Local bespoke support from Somerset FA
What are the key requirements for a Just Play Centre?
- The centres are for participants who are 16+
- You would need to have a lead coach who has a minimum of a level one and FA first aid certificate.
- Your lead coach will also be responsible for completing the online application to become a Just Play Centre
- Provision of adequately stocked first aid kit at all sessions
- Health and safety risk assessment before first session
If you are interested in setting up a centre or would like to discuss further, please contact Aaron Clements, Football Development Officer via firstname.lastname@example.org