Get into Refereeing
Reasons to Referee
More and more and more people of all ages, genders, races and abilities are getting into refereeing.
For current and potential officials, refereeing is a great way to:
- Give something back to the game you love
- Remain involved in the game after injury or retirement
- Play a vital role in ensuring players enjoy the game
- Increase participation in the sport
- Make new and lasting friends
The FA Referee Course
The first step on any referring journey is the FA Basic Referees Course. Click the link below to find our upcoming courses and to get your foot on the refereeing ladder.
The FA's Respect programme provides a series of tools for leagues, clubs, coaches, players and parents from grassroots to elite football - to help ensure a safe, positive environment in which to play the game.