Manager Sought for Womens Rep Team
The role encompasses the following areas:
• To select a squad of players to represent to County FA, compliant with competition rules.
• To manage the side on match days, with complete discretion on tactics.
• To achieve the best possible success for the team
• To help develop talented female players selected
• Be a member of the County Representative Team Committee, attending meetings of the committee when required.
• To be an advocate of women’s football within the county, helping to promote the women’s game in Somerset
The successful candidate will have experience of coaching women’s football, and ideally have managed a women’s team; you should also have good knowledge of the Somerset Women’s County League.
You must have a minimum of Level 1 Coaching Course and ideally Level 2. If the county deems it appropriate to your CPD, you must be committed to attending further coaching or other courses.
You need to be passionate about and committed to women’s football in Somerset. You will be committed and passionate to safeguarding and make sure that it underpins all aspects of the role and activities you undertake as part of it. You will take FA Safeguarding Cascade training within 1 month of being appointed and will, sign up to the Safeguarding Code of Conduct.
You must have a CRC obtained through the FA Unit, have attended the FA Safeguarding Workshop and Emergency Aid Workshop, and ideally have attended the Welfare officer Workshops
You must be able to motivate people, be able to formulate tactics for your team and be flexible to adapt to changing circumstances in a match. You must be able to work under pressure, willing to attend matches to assess players, be well organized and meet deadlines. In addition you must have excellent interpersonal skills.
For further information and to obtain a copy Post profile, please contact the Chief Executive Jon Pike, on 01458 837030 or email, firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply please send a CV and covering letter (including the name of two references), marked “Private and Confidential” to:
The Chief Executive
Somerset FA Ltd
Charles Lewin House,
Wirral Park Road
Or via email to Jonathan.Pike@somersetfa.com
Somerset FA Ltd is an equal opportunities employer who is committed to the safeguarding of children and young people.