The Law and Your Sports Club
How to protect your club, its members and yourself
Solicitors Thatcher + Hallam LLP have long enjoyed a reputation of supporting local sport. They have now teamed up with Bob Fox, Director and Safeguarding Champion at the Somerset Football Association to present Off The Ball, a free conference aimed at helping and advising club officials, coaches, volunteer parents and others (including teachers, governors and match officials) on how to keep their sports environments safe. Heading the panel of experts at Off The Ball is William Weller, the senior partner at Thatcher+Hallam as well as being one of the most sought after personal injury lawyers in the South West.
These are just some of the issues that the panel at Off The Ball will be addressing:
- Safeguarding & child protection
- Under age/DBS checks
- Assault & the criminal courts
- The referee & match officials
- The reckless tackle & civil claims
- Your personal liability
- Spectators and parents
- Schools teachers & governors
- The dodgy pitch
- The post bucket & sponge era
- Yellow cards, red cards and the sin bin
Where & When?
- Paulton Rovers FC Winterfield Road, Paulton, BS39 7RF on Wednesday 5th February at 6.00pm
- Frome RFC Gypsy Lane, Frome, Somerset BA11 2NA on Thursday 27th February at 6.00pm
Light snacks, tea and coffee will be provided free. A pay bar will be available at both venues. There are excellent parking facilities at both venues.
How Do I Book?
Off The Ball is a free event and there is no need to book, please just join us on the night.