Aged between 14 and 24? Want to make a difference in football across Somerset? Here’s your opportunity!
The Somerset FA Youth Council are looking for members for the 2021/22 season to represent young people within the county and help put into action the Somerset FA strategy. Appointed individuals will require the appropriate skills, knowledge and experience to have a positive and meaningful impact on football within Somerset.
The Youth Council will work together to give young people a voice within football and to identify and deliver projects aimed at enhancing football across Somerset.
WHAT DOES BEING INVOLVED IN THE YOUTH COUNCIL LOOK LIKE?
Being a member of our Youth Council can include (but is not limited to):
• Organising and running of football events
• Supporting County FA-led events and programmes
• Help shape opportunities for young people within the county
• Attending Youth Council meetings (monthly/bi-monthly depending on project demands)
• Creation and implementation of social media campaigns
• Impact on Somerset FA’s strategy
• Further opportunities can include supporting FA and UEFA events
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF JOINING THE YOUTH COUNCIL?
• Develop a variety of skills and work closely with Somerset FA staff and key stakeholders
• Experience in planning and delivering events across the football landscape
• Opportunity to attend the FA Leadership Academy at St George’s Park National Football Centre
• Access to regular Continuous Personal Development opportunities
Please note that all positions are voluntary, however members will be entitled to claim reasonable travelling expenses.
The deadline for applications is Friday 6th August 2021.