Somerset FA Youth Council Now Recruiting
Aged between 14 and 24? Want to make a difference in football across Somerset? Here’s your opportunity!
The Somerset FA Youth Council are looking for members for the 2021/22 season to represent young people within the county and help put into action the Somerset FA strategy. Appointed individuals will require the appropriate skills, knowledge and experience to have a positive and meaningful impact on football within Somerset.
The Youth Council will work together to give young people a voice within football and to identify and deliver projects aimed at enhancing football across Somerset.
WHAT DOES BEING INVOLVED IN THE YOUTH COUNCIL LOOK LIKE?
Being a member of our Youth Council can include (but is not limited to):
• Organising and running of football events
• Supporting County FA-led events and programmes
• Help shape opportunities for young people within the county
• Attending Youth Council meetings (monthly/bi-monthly depending on project demands)
• Creation and implementation of social media campaigns
• Impact on Somerset FA’s strategy
• Further opportunities can include supporting FA and UEFA events
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF JOINING THE YOUTH COUNCIL?
• Develop a variety of skills and work closely with Somerset FA staff and key stakeholders
• Experience in planning and delivering events across the football landscape
• Opportunity to attend the FA Leadership Academy at St George’s Park National Football Centre
• Access to regular Continuous Personal Development opportunities
Please note that all positions are voluntary, however members will be entitled to claim reasonable travelling expenses.