Disability Football Ambassador
Job Title: Disability Football Ambassador
Closing Date: Friday 20th January
Vacancy Type: Casual Contract. 50 hours per contract.
Roles Available: 1 Role
These are exciting times for Somerset FA as we have more disability clubs / teams than before even after coming out of lockdown, and more tools to help support clubs to start/develop their disability football provision. The successful candidate for this role will be instrumental in helping the County FA to deliver this.
Somerset FA is committed to safeguarding children and adults at risk. Due to the nature of this role, the successful candidate will be required to undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check through The FA DBS process. The possession of a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an applicant from obtaining this post, as all cases are judged individually according the nature of the role and the information provided.
Somerset FA is looking for an enthusiastic and experienced individual with a passion for grassroots football to join the team.
The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting grassroots football clubs to apply their learnings from the Disability Friendly Club Training and build their own disability bespoke game plan; creating more accessible opportunities for disabled people.
• Attend the ‘Disability Football Ambassador Training’; scheduled for February 2023.
• Engage with selected 2 and 3-star England Football Accredited clubs following their completion of the Disability Friendly Club Training, to support in the creation of a bespoke disability game plan which will outline new club-based opportunities for disabled people which may include new playing provisions, coaching opportunities, and/or volunteering roles.
• Drive engagement at every level of clubs to maximise and sustain these opportunities for disabled people.
• Support clubs to build and sustain relationships with relevant local partners such as charitable organisations, disability support groups, educational establishments, alongside other key partners to promote the new opportunities.
• Help clubs access relevant support including funding and coach development opportunities with support from the County FA.
• To collaborate with County FA staff, national FA staff, disability football coach mentors, external partners, and wider members of the grassroots delivery team workforce.
What we are looking for
Someone with a demonstrated history and understanding of the grassroots football network, and the ability to build trust and develop effective working relationships with Club Committees. They will need to be an advocate for disability football with an understanding of the challenges and barriers that both players and volunteers can face.
What we can offer
• Access to high-quality training, networking and personal development opportunities.
• A varied and exciting working life, where you’ll learn about all aspects of grassroots football.
• Holiday entitlement.
Equality and Diversity
Somerset FA promotes inclusion and diversity and welcomes applications from everyone. If you have any requirements in relation to the recruitment or interview process, please do not hesitate to contact Nick Hawkins as per the details below.
About the application and selection process
• Please send your CV and Covering Letter, complete the Equality and Diversity Monitoring Form and return to Nick Hawkins; firstname.lastname@example.org or Somerset FA, Charles Lewin House, Unit 5 & 10 Landmark House, Wirral Business Park, Glastonbury, BA6 9FR, no later than 5pm on Friday 20th January 2023. CVs and Covering letters received after the deadline will only be considered in exceptional circumstances e.g. proof of posting indicates undue delay through no fault of the applicant.
• Receipt of CVs & Covering Letters will be acknowledged.
• Shortlisted applicants will be contacted on Wednesday 25th January 2023 to arrange a mutually convenient interview time.
• Interviews will be held on week commencing 30th January 2023
• If required, second interviews may be held to determine the most suitable candidate for the role.
• You must supply the names of TWO referees; we will check your suitability for the role in general and your suitability to work with Children and Young People and Adults At Risk in particular. You will not take up the contract prior to successful completion of these checks.
• Job Description and Person Specification
• Please supply your CV and a Covering Letter detailing why you are interested in this role and how your experiences will impact this role.
• Equality and Diversity Monitoring Form
If you have any questions about the role, please contact Nick Hawkins on 07591 950260 or email email@example.com for an informal discussion.