England Disability Football Recreation Centre
We are excited to announce an opportunity for clubs and organisations to apply for a funding package to deliver new disability football sessions within Somerset.
At present there a number of sessions throughout the county, however we would like to create as many opportunities as possible to provide more localised offers for people with disabilities across Somerset to be able to access.
We would like to work closely with successful clubs to ensure that the sessions become sustainable, support training of the volunteer(s) and aim towards creating a team that will participate in the Somerset FA Ability Counts League in the near future.
Please find further details below regarding the funding:
HOW MUCH FUNDING IS AVAILABLE?
£100 (£50 upon successful application, £50 after 8x weeks delivery upon the completion of the funding requirements) for adult sessions.
£200 (£100 upon successful application, £100 after 8x weeks delivery upon the completion of the funding requirements) for youth sessions.
Funding can only be issued to a lead organisation/ group bank account and not an individual’s account.
WHAT CAN THE FUNDING BE SPENT ON?
Funding can be spent on any of the areas listed below;
Equipment, Facility Hire, Staff Costs, Training, Marketing.
WHAT ARE THE FUNDING REQUIREMENTS?
• Sessions must be delivered for a minimum of 8x weeks (however the aim is to sustain the sessions after the 8x weeks)
• Minimum of 10x players by the end of the 8x weeks delivery
• Sessions must take place in Somerset or with an affiliated Somerset FA club
• Sessions must have 2x coaches aged 18+ present at all sessions with a FA DBS in date, including one lead
• Coach present who holds an FA DBS, FA Playmaker or Level 1/ Introduction to Coaching Football, FA Safeguarding Children Qualification & FA first aid qualification.
• Organisations must have the relevant public liability & personal accident insurance in place to cover the sessions.
• Complete application, sessions & monitoring on the FA Events Platform, more information and support available for successful applications.
WHAT IS THE TARGET AUDIENCE?
Males or females with a disability.
HOW DO I APPLY?
To express your interest, please contact Nick Hawkins on the details on this page.
Successful applications will be asked to complete a formal application via the FA Events Platform.
If you have any questions or would like any further information please contact:
Football Development Officer – Disability & Facilities – Nick Hawkins – firstname.lastname@example.org
Get In Touch
Football Development Officer - Disability
01458 832 359 Option 3
07591 950 260